Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lots of luck and a spot of stupidity

So I woke up at 6:15 in the morning after barely 3 hours of sleep .. thanks to a couple of very well-synchronized crows who started cawing in amazing unison and perfect cacophony !!

Ideally, I would have liked a little more sleep before my GRE, but looks like it was not to be ..
Anyways, more time to read up the word-lists I had never seen !!!
So, did just that ... read word-lists for the better part of the morning ... scared my mom a little with the 'I am not at all prepared' act :)

Reached the examination center well after the reporting time :( .. was studying till the last moment !
Wrote two very ordinary compositions :(
Quants was easy :)
Verbal stumped me .. two words from even outside Barron's .. others were also confusing :((

Then came the score .. I was so elated to see what I thought I saw, that I didn't see it long enough to be confident that I had seen correctly !!!!
As Katoch says "Mere uss samay barah baj gaye the ..." ;)

So now I have to wait more than 2-3 weeks for the score confirmation to come :( .. and all this while, I am roaming the streets smarting a score which might not even be my actual score !!

But till the drop occurs, 1560 is a pretty decent score for that bad a test !! :)
So, the next time you wake up to a couple of crows cawing outside your bedroom, you can rest assured that you will have an exceptionally lucky day, and you are also going to do something extraordinarily stupid. Make use of the former, and watch out for the latter ;)

8 comments:

Romram said...

People never change.... !!!

Lancelot said...

... nor do crows!!!

kpowerinfinity said...

kitna aaya be?
congrats!

Anonymous said...

scared my mom a little with the 'I am not at all prepared' act :)

call me a cynic but I know you good enough to comment that wats going on is just scaring all folks with a "I am not at all sure" act. Congratulations anyway, hope u will find urself in a big univ in a year or so.

Subin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Subin said...

may those well-synchronized crows caw again when your result confirmation comes.

Anonymous said...

"spot" of stupidity??

Folks, this guy is getting 1560.. for sure.

Anonymous said...

Why was one comment deleted? Did it have some "sensitive" content?