Friday, January 05, 2007

Looking back at 2006

Its been one of the most happening years of my life.
A month-wise meltdown (my blog actually helped out on listing this).

January : A memorable Spring-Fest. Arijit coming over from Canada. Internship blues started.

February : Internship blues intensified, though now had options. Mission Mars bombed. MSR came calling !! :) Chandipur trip.

March : Visa problems. Mostly uneventful.

April : Got my visa :). My second perfect 10 semester. One of my personal favourite posts (this)

May : Travelled outside India for the first time. Loved being in the US and Redmond. First office experience. First paycheck!! Great work and great people to work with.

June : Began enjoying myself. Became good friends with Francisco, Nikita, Tulika and Himanshu. Microsoft's pampering was incredible and it started showing on my waistline ;)

July : Went to Mt. Rainier. Walked on snow for the first time (it was amazing!!). Wrapped up my work. Back to India having gained significant dollars and 'pounds' ;)

August : "How I met your mother" happened. GRE happened. I was stupid enough not to properly see my score. Luckily, 1560 happened !! :)

September : Midsems. Uneventful. Left for Delhi for my TOEFL.

October : Nice Delhi trip. Nice TOEFL. Really loved the metro there. This trip has made Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida my preferred region for working if and when I work in India.
First Pujas away from home and my parents. First of many :(
Last Illumination. The wonderful dept treat !! (thanks to MSR)

November : Typhoid. Gearing up for apps. For jobs (not really). Ran to Kolkata for a day to give CAT. Horrible endsems :( - worst semester performance since my first sem. My work at MSR was published in a tech report :)

December : McKinsey's offer on day 1 of Placements made it a truly memorable birthday. Katoch and Kothari making it on day 1 too was great :)
My MSR work's paper was accepted in TACAS 2007 :), although I did not write a single word of the paper.
Wrapped up my apping work. Messed up my transcript sending dates :(

An eventful year, a wonderful year, a bitter-sweet year, a year leading to 2007 - which will be a pivotal year because I now have to choose what to do ... and the choice is getting more difficult as the day is drawing near.

2007 has begun well though. Pandey getting through TI (and he so deserved it!!). Talking to my favourite cousin after a long time. And a shock CAT percentile (99.99) - reminded me of the day when JEE results came out.
Just hoping that my luck doesn't run out when the crucial application decisions start to come in from mid February. Loads to do before that though, as the trip to the hallowed land now seems possible :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U deserve yr moment in the sun..jus like GRE,CAT & McKinsey Stanford will also come calling at yr doorstep :)..
All the best
Anshuman

Anonymous said...

its a blog or a journal ?

Subin said...

quite a happening year....mine wasn't....05 was a happening year for me.
happy new year. may the year be a happening one.

Anonymous said...

ur blog is now in a wonderfully ignored state ..

Anonymous said...

dear dear u are lazy