Thursday, April 06, 2006

"Joru ka ghulam"

Someone who goes by the name of 'tidu' wanted me to advertise my matrimonial (un)suitability through this tagging thing. So, with brutal honesty tempered by mild narcissism, I state that everything written below (that's restricted to this post only, not the whole blog:P) is true.

Five reasons why I would make a good husband :
1) Simply because I will love my wife as much as I possibly can. I will always have love and time for her. My priorities in life are very clear. Family first, for everything else, I prefer to choose a way of life termed "procrastination".

2) Someday I would love to have a sweet little family of my own. Though that doesn't mean that I have already started planning my kid's names, it does mean I have started planning names for my wingies' kids ;). Actually, I love kids and would love to have a couple of my own to pamper :) and ..... (well, a lot of things which could come under my paternal suitability post)

3) I am more of a listener. So, my wife can always expect to be heard till she is tired out. Of course, I will often need her support and advice and given the fact that it comes from her, I will try and stick to it all the more.

4) This is a little complex. I think I will be more happy to see the joyous expression on her face upon hearing of my success than for actually achieving something. In other words, one could say, that her one smile would be my driving force for so many things. (Precondition is though that I should really love her smile)

5) I will trust her completely and am not really the possessive type. So, she can have her space and more. But I do think I will be able to understand when she needs a hug, rather than a one-km radius of empty space around her. And since I am the perfectly one-woman kind of a person, she can be possessive or blindly confident of my fidelity, and never be let down.

Since, we are supposed to mention only five points, I will just add in passing that I love shopping :) (somehow that is quite a fav amongst the fairer sex) & lovey-dovey movies.


Now, onto some actually true statements :
Why I would make a bad husband :
1) I can't dance. So unless taught, I might be disappointing my wife in case she wants a husband who can dance (to her tunes ;-) ).

2) I am not the strongest man on the planet. My feeble physique means that I will not be able to confront goons on the slightest instigation. So, if my wife has a lot of 'bad' ex-boyfriends, I cannot actually please her by bashing them up.

3) I am no Brad Pitt. So for all those Angelina Jolies or other girls looking for the stereotype "tall, dark and handsome" guy, I could prove to be a real dampener. That being said, people haven't yet called me hideous, so I believe that when I do put up a mirror in my room, it wouldn't crack ;)

4) As of now, I am really afraid of driving. So, those long drives might often take place with my wife at the wheel.

5) This is the slot that you can fill up. Let me know how I can improve my chances in this cut-throat world of competition.

Statutory warning : There are no guarantees that by the time I am 40 (maybe even 35), I won't be snoring in my sleep, have all my teeth, and not grey completely. So whoever is willing to finally say 'yes, i do', better bring a 'snore-less' sleeping therapy, a good dentist's contact and a life-long supply of L'oreal hair-dye for 'dowry' ;).

Hope, after all this, somebody still finds it in her to come into my life and change it forever (for the better of course, if I might add).

6 comments:

Romram said...

Well someone who goes by the name tidu seems to be a fool to force you to write... since he has now realizes what you might have gone through while writing the post... aneways...whats done can't be mended...

About ur post... love, kids, not possesive, listener... commmon stuff.. but smile... hmmm I know where that came from... u even reminded me of that.... and now I feel lonely... :-<

About the dance thing... then wait till next SF and I will teach u that... and let me remind u that most of the men are not Brad pitts's or Arnold Schwarzenegger.... so peace maro... and with a man of ur potential you will earn enough to have a fleet of drivers..... :-)

Actually I can suggest something for that empty slot... if the girl is norh indian... hindi speaking.. then ur habit of mixing up the genders and coming up with wired rules in support.. may irritate her.. so better brush ur hindi skills...

All in all a well written post.... hoo haa makhoed in the end due ot the desperate attempt at something u and I know is not possible...how can people have no hearts...... is what fuzzies me...

Anonymous said...

well the advertisement was a good read ..but there is a not so poor joke abt women..it goes somewhat like this

once upon a time there was a 5 storied supermarket where husbands could be bought the rules were if a woman has not found a good product in a floor and gone to a higher one she cannot return to previous floor

it went like this
ground floor : the label reads these husbands earn well.. the woman didnt like them and went to next floor

1st floor : "these husbands earn well + they are loyal" the woman didnt waste much time there also

2nd floor : " these husbands earn well + are loyal + they care a lot abt kids" same result frm the woman.

3rd floor : " these husbands earn well + are loyal + take care of kids + have a romantic mind" the woman by now was liking one particular sample among them but still was undecided hence she went to 4th floor.

4th floor : the women read this ...."Welcome to the 4th floor you are the 678956 th visitor to here, this floor has no husbands for sale it exists to prove that women are insatiable "

:P

you may try out selling yourself on 4th floor .. good luck

shaunak said...

@udit : dont worry .. this post didnt take to exactly those places that you are thinking of ..
its not about ppl having no hearts, its more about someone not having the heart for you .. and sometimes, thats just the way it is, i guess.
will work on my hindi a little more.

@dpc : u might want to get a blog urself and publicize such 'nice' pjs. why try impressing my readers !!! ;)

@sankalp : tera sento comment padhke mazaa aa gaya.
par main itna kuchh bond shayad hi ban payoon :)

Subin said...

are so many good qualities!! what are you waiting for yar. go on a hunt then. and about stamina humans have made tablets ;)

AlterinG Abhishek said...

(",)
very interesting..
any luck.......replies??

Anonymous said...

interesting :D