Saturday, April 01, 2006

"Now is the time to try something new" ???

If all things go as they should, I should be outside India exactly a month from now. For the first time, I might add. Of course, there are some anxieties over the visa (still haven't got an interview date). However, in these matters, luck somehow finds me. Otherwise what did I really possess that entitled me to this wonderful opportunity in the first place ??

Don't really expect to miss my country (I am not exactly patriotic, though I think I should be a little more). Will miss my family, friends, the leisurely summer life in campus :D and a lot of other things. Hope all that will be made up for... and I will come back richer with some wonderful memories and experiences.

So, hoping for the best (and not thinking about the worst), I need to focus on some other issues that demand urgent attention. Networks test, Java assignment, Mircosoft study material, PPC (finally met the man .. had a decent discussion... looking forward to meeting the man again) and BTP work ....
And yes, there are more : Desperate Housewives, Joey, Apprentice, Apprentice UK, Hustle, Heist, One Tree Hill & The O.C. Of course, orkut and blogs to supplement. The occasional movie. The latest addition to the list .. bhatting :D

Its been a roller-coaster week (though I really didn't have any abrupt high .. had an almost all-time low :( ). A little indecision still remains, but this is the closest I have ever got to taking the decision that I so should have taken. As of now, I think I will put it on hold again. And orkut fortunes keep playing games with me ...
Over the last three days ...
"You will never have to worry about a steady income" !!! ... wish that comes true :)
"This winter you will have an unusual shower of success" !!!! ... wouldn't hurt to have some luck in the Apps either.
"Now is the time to try something new" ... Now this one is a bit dodgy. Just hope I was a little less sentimental and a little more resolute.

Its April Fool's day ...
While the whole world is busy fooling one another, I am trying desperately to fool my foolish heart into seeing some sense.

P.S. Nothing is as bad as it really seems. Its just that one gets some strange satisfaction from describing the 'not-quite-existent' overwhelming circumstances that cloud their existence.

1 comment:

Aditi said...

Hehe no things are never as bad as they seem but sometimes it doenst hurt to be a little melodramatic about life's little issues