Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Of Unfulfilled Dreams ...

Its been an agonising month, for more reasons than one.
What started off as a year full of promise, soon turned into one of despair ... hadn't actually thought I would undergo this much anxiety in getting an Internship.

Tried really hard (of course, by my standards ... but four night outs in five qualifies by most standards, i guess) for Mission Mars. And got stuck where I am most helpless - code debugging. Then, bombed in Overnite, blamed dpc needlessly :). Still won rs.500 (thanks to sourish and everywhere else it is due). Also won some bucks in Spring fest(WTGW .. thanks to sourish), and some cash in C up and Mindsport (thanks to me, finally) .

Internship Blues :
Microsoft Research turned out to be a real hard nut to crack (turned down Bangalore myself (though I am not sure if they would have taken me .. just that I told them I wasn't interested in the middle of the interview) , and Redmond never even called up :(( ). Then
  • Aachen not taking 3rd years
  • Renouncing Dortmund and
  • The final fiasco - INRIA too (avoiding details .. wishing well to all those who have applied)

Even when almost everything is lost, something remains. After all, good things happen not to good people, but to those who have the best wishes of good people. So, something turned up for me. To those who know details, please avoid them till absolute confirmation. To those who don't, just ask and I will use my discretion is answering ;)

Thanks to all the good people around and not so much around .. who made this possible.

But my dearest dreams remain unfulfilled ....
The bespectacled smile lit by a computer screen, and everything around just dark (hail the inventor of UPS ;-) ) ...
And now MSR, Redmond.

What would it take to at least try to make a genuine wish come true ...
'Coz the biggest regret is when you don't even get a chance to make a mistake ... and you are just left in the lurch to accept that ................ (i really don't know)'

Not really as bitter as I may sound ... but a little sad nonetheless.

In the moment :
  • AI test tomorrow, the subject I always wanted to study, but just not feeling like it now :(
  • My mom came here today - saw her after a long time, felt really good :)
Time to look ahead. But, the foolish mind looks back even when there is (and never was) nothing to look back to. And then, it stares at the vastness ahead, with the hope of fulfilling some impossible dreams .... "An evening at the Eiffel Tower with .. " flashes by ...

And then, the mind comes back to the present ... and this is where i will kindly take your leave .. AI test tomorrow :(( .
Well-wishers, please start praying.
Thanks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wishing a man of virtue good luck...though I find myself in a cobweb of despair still. but this is life...

" life is a lesson,you learn it when you are through !!"

Mayank said...

All my gud wishes are with you (for once I hope I have something gud still in me).

I believe "Good Things Happen to Good People !!!".

Romram said...

pad le pad le kal test hain... aur jyada roo mat... either INRIA or this "mystical" place of yours is much better than what other guys have... so be happy and make the most of it.

Anonymous said...

Regarding internship blues - you are not the only one getting them. But considering your CGPA, DR etc. you should have been in a much more comfortable situation.

"So, something turned up for me." - I am not in the know regarding this.... and needless to say, I would certainly want to be enlightened.

"Thanks to all the good people around and not so much around" - Not so much around, huh?? Who are we talking about here?? Am I making the correct guess??

"The bespectacled smile lit by a computer screen, and everything around just dark" - Who is this??

"But, the foolish mind looks back .......... An evening at the Eiffel Tower with .. flashes by" - Never knew you were so romantically poetic. As a reply to that quote I will just quote from one of my favourite songs - "And if your glass heart should crack, and for a second you turn back... Oh no! Be strong! Walk on!"

Besides you never know whats round the corner. Something might just turn up from you. And, trust me, it will come when you least expect it. And who knows what is in store for you.... there might actually be "an evening at the Eiffel Tower". And all the best for your AI test!

Anonymous said...

abe dont take so much load yaar..peace maar..internship tera lag hi jayega..and in the end u wll realise tht whatever happened ws for the gud...
ab AI ke liye magle..
Pigol

Anonymous said...

Needless to say but I would like to mention, "What ever happens, happens for GOOd".

"What started off as a year full of promise" will surely end with bundles of successes.

Internship Blues, I always smile whenever I come across this word. It is different that that u'r the most deserving person around.
Never forget that wherever you will be going, might have many more things to offer than wut u expect.

Pondering over matters is totally useless when you have immense potential in yourself.

Wish you all the best for your AI test. Now give a BiG smile and start MuGginG.

BByEE

Subin said...

two things that i will like to get answered ( you can take your time),
firstly the training that you are about to get which u r currently calling 'not absolutely confirmed'
and secondly the answer to the blank left after the eiffel tower. hope you will answer them even though i myself didn't come up with the names :)
good luck for the AI test.